Find a Clapham and Salph End Conveyancing Solictior on Your Lender’s Panel

Ready to buy a new home in Clapham and Salph End? Failing to check that a lawyer is on your lender’s list of approved solicitors can put your Clapham and Salph End conveyancing at risk of delay or failure.

Only LenderPanel.com provides a subset of authorised Clapham and Salph End conveyancers for over 130 lenders.

Recently asked questions about conveyancing in Clapham and Salph End

I am looking for value for money property lawyer. Do I opt for a web based conveyancer as opposed to a local Clapham and Salph End conveyancing lawyer?

Clapham and Salph End is a unique place, where neighbourhood knowledge is a big bonus. The relaxed pace of life has it’s attractions – but not when it comes to your house move. The property lawyers that we recommend providing specialist Clapham and Salph End knowledge with a positive, hands-onattitude that ensures the conveyancing to progress actively engaging with all parties thus reducing the scope for delays. It will certainly help if they enjoy well established rapport with mortgage brokers, local authorities, surveyors and other Clapham and Salph End conveyancing practices

My lawyer has uncovered a defect with the lease for the flat we are buying in Clapham and Salph End. The seller’s lawyers have suggested defective title insurance as a workaround. We are happy with insurance and will pay for it. Our lawyer says that he must check that the lender is content with this solution. Are we the client or is the lender?

Notwithstanding that you have a mortgage offer from the lender does not mean to say that the property will meet their requirements for the purposes of a mortgage. Your lawyer has to ensure that the lease has to comply with the UK Finance Lenders’ Handbook specifications. You and the lender are the client. The appropriate lender requirements must be adhered to.

What does my ID and proof of funds have anything to do with my conveyancing in Clapham and Salph End? Why is this being asked of me?

You are right in these requests have nothing to do with conveyancing in Clapham and Salph End. Nowadays you will not be able to complete any conveyancing deal if you have not handing over proof of your identity. Ordinarily this takes the form of a either your passport or driving licence and a bank statement. Please note that if you are supplying your driving licence as evidence of identification it must be both the paper section and photo card part, one is not satisfactory without the other.

Verification of your source of monies is necessary in accordance with the Money Laundering Regulations. Please do not be offended when you are asked to produce this as your conveyancer will need to retain this information on record. Your Clapham and Salph End conveyancing practitioner will require evidence of proof of funds before they are able to accept any monies from you into their client account and they will also ask additional questions regarding the origin of monies.

My wife and I have recently appointed a conveyancing solicitor in Clapham and Salph End. I need to find out whether they are on the The Mortgage Works approved list of lawyers. Can you advise?

The first thing to do is call the conveyancer and ask them if they can act for the bank. Otherwise you can get in touch with The Mortgage Works who may be able to help.

Do I find a Licenced Conveyancer or Solicitor for conveyancing in Clapham and Salph End?

There are many recorded licenced Conveyancers in Clapham and Salph End and Solicitor firms in Clapham and Salph End offering conveyancing We would stress that the two are regulated professionals specialising in the legal aspects of transferring property. They may both also handle associated property related work such as remortgage conveyancing, enfranchisement and transfer of equity conveyancing.

This question may be naive but I am new to the home moving as FTB of a garden flat in Clapham and Salph End. Do I pick up the keys to the premises on the completion date from my lawyer? If so, I will instruct a local conveyancing solicitor in Clapham and Salph End?

On the day of completion you will not be required to go to the conveyancers office in Clapham and Salph End. Your solicitors will transfer the completion advance to the vendor’s solicitors, and shortly after the monies have arrived, you will be able to receive the keys from the property Agents and move into your new home. This tends to happen between 1 and 3pm.

I have today made my last payment due on my mortgage with Skipton. I assume I don't need a Clapham and Salph End solicitor on the Skipton panel to discharge the mortgage at the Land Registry. Please confirm.

If you have finished paying off your Skipton mortgage, they may send you evidence showing that you have paid it off. Alternatively they may notify the Land Registry directly. The Land Registry need to see this evidence before they will remove the Skipton mortgage from the register. Skipton, and any evidence they send you, will determine the action you need to take. In cases where no conveyancer is acting for you and you have paid off your mortgage:

  1. but are not moving to another property
  2. where Skipton has sent the Land Registry the discharge electronically, and
  3. Skipton has instructed the Land Registry to do so
The Land Registry will send you a letter confirming that your Skipton mortgage has been paid off.

Last updated

Find out more about how flying freehold can affect your the value of a property.