Find a Wolverton Conveyancing Solictior on Your Lender’s Panel

Ready to buy a new home in Wolverton? Failing to check that a lawyer is on your lender’s list of approved solicitors can put your Wolverton home move at risk of delay or failure.

Only LenderPanel.com provides a subset of authorised Wolverton conveyancers for over 130 lenders.

Recently asked questions about conveyancing in Wolverton

My fiance’s sister is a solicitor. I expect that I will be offered friends and family fee for conveyancing, However if that does not come materialise, what level of fees should I be paying for conveyancing in Wolverton?

It’s advisable to get multiple conveyancing estimates. Make use of our comparison tool on this site. The amounts may vary but service levels do are distinct between conveyancers as is true with most professions.

Our Wolverton solicitor has uncovered an inconsistency between the assumptions in the valuation report and what is revealed within the legal papers for the property. My solicitor says that he is obliged to check that the bank is OK with this discrepancy and is content to go ahead. Is my conveyancer’s course or action right?

Your lawyer must comply with the UK Finance Lenders’ Handbook specifications which do require that your lawyer disclose any incorrect assumptions in the lender’s valuation report and the legal papers. Should you refuse to allow your lawyer to make the appropriate notification then your lawyer will have no choice but to discontinue acting for both parties.

My colleague suggested that if I am buying in Wolverton I should carry out a Neighbourhood, Planning and Local Amenity Search. What does it cover?

This is a search is occasionally included in the estimate for your Wolverton conveyancing searches. It is not a small report of about 40 pages, listing and setting out important information about Wolverton around the property and the people living there. It includes an Aerial Photograph, Planning Applications, Land Use, Mobile Phone Masts, Rights of Way, the local Housing Market, Council Tax Banding, the demographics of People living in the area, the dominant type of Housing, the Average House Prices, Crime details, Wolverton Education with maps and statistics, Local Amenities and other useful information regarding Wolverton.

Despite weeks of looking the Title Certificate and documents to our property are lost. The conveyancers who dealt with the conveyancing in Wolverton 10 years ago are no longer around. What do I do?

In today’s world there are duplicates made of almost everything, and your lawyer will know precisely where to look for all the relevant documentation so you can buy or sell your house without a hitch. If copies are not available, your solicitor can put in place insurance or indemnities against future claims on the premises.

My husband and I have just had an offer agreed on a flat and had an appointment on Wednesday with Nationwide for the mortgage. They warned us that when it comes to choosing a conveyancing practitioner that if they are not on their approved list of conveyancing practitioners then we will incur an additional fee of £250+. This is because they will then have to appoint a conveyancer to act for them as well as the one we choose to act on our behalf and we are liable for their invoice. I have requested Nationwide to supply me with a list so I can obtain estimates only from their approved solicitors but was told that I need to check with each individual conveyancer to see if they are on the panel. Is there a simple way of finding out who is on a lender panel?

You can enquire of Nationwide what their panel criteria is for a solicitor.Thereafter ask the conveyancing practitioner of your choice whether they fit that criteria and have they acted on loans for Nationwide before. Where the answer to those is yes, then just clarify this with Nationwide. Another option is to utilise our search facility and we may be able to find you a lawyer in Wolverton on the panel for Nationwide.

Last updated

Find out more about how flying freehold can affect your the value of a property.