Find a Burghfield Common Conveyancing Solictior on Your Lender’s Panel

Ready to buy a new home in Burghfield Common? Failing to check that a lawyer is on your lender’s list of approved solicitors can put your Burghfield Common conveyancing at risk of delay or failure.

Only LenderPanel.com provides a subset of authorised Burghfield Common conveyancers for over 130 lenders.

Recently asked questions about conveyancing in Burghfield Common

Willappointing a Burghfield Common conveyancing practitioner make the ownership transfer smoother?

In the main conveyancing lawyers in your area will benefit from good relationships with your local authority, which can help with your Burghfield Common conveyancing searches that your solicitor will require. It can only assist if they enjoy strong connections with the Land Registry covering your area Burghfield Common, other property lawyers in the location and Burghfield Common Estate Agents.

What is the best way to investigate if the solicitor carrying out my conveyancing in Burghfield Common is on the mortgage lender’sapproved panel? I am looking to avoid the situation of having one lawyer for me and one for Barclays thus paying £187.00 plus VAT in supplemental legal costs.

You should take advantage of the find a conveyancing panel solicitor tool on this web page. Pick the lender and type ‘Burghfield Common’ or your location and you will be presented with numerous conveyancers offices in Burghfield Common or by proximity to you.

We had instructed conveyancers with offices in Burghfield Common on the TSB solicitor panel. They have just invoiced me a supplemental charge for the legal aspects of the TSB mortgage. Is this an additional conveyancing fee specified by TSB?

As unfair as it may appear, as long as it’s in their Terms and Conditions or estimate then yes your conveyancer may levy a fee for this. This fee is not set by TSB but by your Burghfield Common property lawyer. Plenty of firms on the TSB panel will charge an ‘acting for lender’ fee but many firms include it on their overall fee.

I can not work out if my lender requires a lease extension. I have called into my local Burghfield Common bank branch on a couple of occasions and was told they are content with the situation and they will lend. My Burghfield Common conveyancing solicitor - who is on the lender conveyancing panel- called to say that they will not lend in accordance with their specific requirements. Who do I believe?

Provided that the conveyancer is on the mortgage company approved list, they must follow the Council of Mortgage Lenders’ Handbook requirements for the bank. Unless your lawyer obtains specific confirmation in writing that the bank will go ahead, your lawyer has no choice but to refrain from exchanging contract and committing you to the purchase. We would suggest that you ask the mortgage company to contact your lawyer in writing confirming that they will accept the number of years remaining.

After what feels like an age I have had an offer on a flat in Burghfield Common agreed to, the vendors do nevertheless have an associated purchase. The vendors have put an offer on on an apartment, however it’s not been accepted yet, and are looking at other flats in the pipeline. I have chosen a nearby conveyancing solicitor in Burghfield Common. What do I do now? When should I get the mortgage application with TSB going?

It is normal to have anxieties where there is a chain as you are unlikely to want to incur costs too early (home loan application is approx £1k, then valuation, Burghfield Common conveyancing search fees, etc). First, you should check that your conveyancer is on the TSB approved list. As to the next phase this very much depends on the specifics of your transaction, attraction to the property and on the state of the market. In a buoyant market the majority of purchasers would apply for the mortgage with TSB and pay for the valuation and only if it was satisfactory would they pay their conveyancing practitioner to proceed with the conveyancing in Burghfield Common.

Over the last few months I have been searching for a ground for flat up to £245,000 and found one near me in Burghfield Common I like with open areas and railway links nearby, the downside is that it only has 49 years unexpired on the lease. There is not much else in Burghfield Common for this price, so just wondered if I would be making a grave error buying a short lease?

If you require a home loan the remaining unexpired lease term may be problematic. Discount the price by the expected lease extension will cost if it has not already been discounted. If the existing owner has owned the property for a minimum of twenty four months you can request that they commence the lease extension formalities and pass it to you. An additional ninety years can be extended on to the current lease with a zero ground rent applied. You should speak to your conveyancing solicitor about this.

I dont have enough spare cash to pay a 10% deposit on my flat purchase in Burghfield Common , but I am keen proceed. Do I have options?

You can agree a lower deposit. Most property owners will accept a lower deposit or even no deposit for a first time buyer or 100% mortgage. Be aware though that if you fail to complete you will still need to hand over a minimum of 10% of the purchase price regardless of how much deposit was agreed.

You can also agree a simultaneous exchange and completion as no deposit is required for this however neither party will be tied in until completion actually takes place and it can be risky if sellers change their mind at the last minute

Last updated

Find out more about how flying freehold can affect your the value of a property.