Find a Henleaze Conveyancing Solictior on Your Lender’s Panel

Ready to buy a new home in Henleaze? Failing to check that a lawyer is on your lender’s list of approved solicitors can put your Henleaze transaction at risk of delay or failure.

Only LenderPanel.com provides a subset of authorised Henleaze conveyancers for over 130 lenders.

Recently asked questions about conveyancing in Henleaze

I have been referred to a conveyancing solicitor in Henleaze. I need to find out whether they are on the Accord Mortgages Ltd approved list of lawyers. Can you advise?

The first thing you should do is contact the solicitor and ask them whether they can act for the lender. Alternatively please get in touch with Accord Mortgages Ltd who may be able to help.

I am assisting my sister sell her flat in Henleaze. Does the conveyancing solicitor commission the EPC or should I organise this?

After the abolition of Home Information Packs, energy assessments was maintained a compulsory element of moving property. An EPC should be to hand in advance of the property being put on the market. This is not a task that solicitors ordinarily arrange. Where you are using a Henleaze conveyancing practitioner they may be able to arrange energy performance certificates due to their contacts with long established Henleaze energy assessors

I can not work out if my mortgage offer obliges me to make sure the lease term for the flat is extended prior to the completion date. I have called my Henleaze building society branch on various occasions and was told it does not impact the mortgage offer and they will lend. My Henleaze conveyancing solicitor - who is on the mortgage company conveyancing panel- telephoned and was told they would not lend based on their published requirements. Who do I believe?

The conveyancing practitioner has to comply with the Council of Mortgage Lenders’ Handbook section two conditions for your bank. Unless your lawyer obtains specific confirmation in writing that the mortgage company will go ahead, your lawyer has no choice but to refrain from exchanging contract and committing you to the purchase. We would suggest that you ask the bank to contact your lawyer in writing confirming that they will accept the number of years remaining.

My sealed bid on a property in Henleaze has been accepted, but there is a chain. The sellers have put an offer on a property, but it’s not yet tied up, and have viewings of other flats in the pipeline. I have instructed a high street conveyancing solicitor in Henleaze. What should be my next step? At what stage do I apply for the mortgage with Kent Reliance?

It is usual to have anxieties where there is a chain as you are unlikely to want to be too out of pocket too early (home loan application is approx £1k, then valuation, Henleaze conveyancing search costs, etc). First, you must check that your conveyancer is on the Kent Reliance conveyancing panel. As to the next steps this very much depends on the specifics of your case, desire for the property and on the state of the market. During a rising market many purchasers will apply for a home loan with Kent Reliance and arrange for the valuation and only if it was satisfactory would they ask their property lawyer to press on with searches.

I'm purchasing a new build house in Henleaze benefiting from help to buy. The sellers refused to move on the amount so I negotiated £7000 of extras instead. The house builders rep advised me not to tell my lawyer about this side-deal as it will impact my loan with Bank of Ireland. Do I keep my lawyer in the dark?.

All lenders require a Disclosure of Incentives Form from the builder of any new build, converted or renovated property, It is available online from the Lenders’ Handbook page on the CML website. CML form is completed and handed to the lender's surveyor when the inspection is done.

Lenders have different policies on incentives. Some accept none at all, cash or physical, while others will accept cash incentives up to 5%.

Hard to understand why the representative of a builder would be suggesting you withold information from a solicitor when all this will be clearly visible on forms the builder has to supply to its solicitor, the buyer's solicitor and the surveyor.

Due to the encouragement of my in-laws I had a survey completed on a house in Henleaze ahead of appointing solicitors. I have been advised that there is a flying freehold overhang to the property. My surveyor has said that some lenders tend refuse to issue a loan on this type of property.

It depends who your proposed lender is. HSBC has different instructions for example to Halifax. If you contact us we can look into this further with the relevant lender. If you lender is happy to lend one our lawyers can help as they are used to dealing with flying freeholds in Henleaze. Conveyancing can be more complicated and therefore you should check with your conveyancing solicitor in Henleaze to see if the conveyancing costs will increase in light of this.

How simple is it to change firm as I need to retain a firm on the Chelsea Building Society conveyancing panel. I was using a local conveyancing solicitor in Henleaze five minutes from me but he is not approved by Chelsea Building Society

It would be our pleasure to help you select a conveyancing solicitor in Henleaze on the Chelsea Building Society panel. Please note that the conveyancers that we list do not pay us a referral fee if you instruct them and are under regulation of the Solicitors Regulation Authority who oversee all conveyancing solicitors in Henleaze. In making use of search facility on this website, you can scrutinise fees for conveyancing solicitors in Henleaze and throughout England and Wales.

Last updated

Find out more about how flying freehold can affect your the value of a property.