Find a Shenley Brook End Conveyancing Solictior on Your Lender’s Panel

Ready to buy a new home in Shenley Brook End? Failing to check that a lawyer is on your lender’s list of approved solicitors can put your Shenley Brook End conveyancing at risk of delay or failure.

Only LenderPanel.com provides a subset of authorised Shenley Brook End conveyancers for over 130 lenders.

Recently asked questions about conveyancing in Shenley Brook End

We are only a couple days away from an exchange on a house in Shenley Brook End and my mum and dad have sent the 10% deposit to my conveyancing practitioner. I am now informed that as the deposit has been sent from someone other than me my solicitor needs to make a notification to my bank. Apparently, in also acting for the lender he must advise them that the balance of the purchase price is not just from me. I disclosed to the mortgage company concerning my parents' contribution when I applied for the mortgage, so is it really necessary for this now to hold matters up?

Your lawyer is legally required to check with lender to make sure that they understand that the balance of the purchase price is not from your own funds. The solicitor can only disclose this to your lender if you permit them to, failing which, your lawyer must cease to continue acting.

I purchased a freehold house in Shenley Brook End yet pay rent, why is this and what is this?

It’s unusual for properties in Shenley Brook End and has limited impact for conveyancing in Shenley Brook End but some freehold properties in England (particularly common in North West England) pay an annual sum known as a Chief Rent or a Rentcharge to a third party who has no other legal interest in the land.

Rentcharge payments are usually between £2.00 and £5.00 per year. Rentcharges have existed for many centuries, but the Rent Charge Act 1977 barred the creation of new rentcharges post 1977.

Old rentcharges can now be redeemed by making a one off payment under the Act. Any rentcharges that are still in existence after 2037 will be extinguished.

My wife and I purchasing a 4 bedroom semi-detached house in Shenley Brook End. Our aim is to an extension at the rear at the property.Will the conveyancing process involve enquiries to determine if these alterations were previously refused?

Your property lawyer will review the registered title as conveyancing in Shenley Brook End will sometimes reveal restrictions in the title deeds which prohibit certain alterations or necessitated the consent of another owner. Some extensions call for local authority planning permissions and approval under the building regulations. Many areas are designated conservation areas and special planning restrictions apply which frequently prevent or affect extensions. You should check these things with a surveyor ahead of any purchase.

How can we tell if a Shenley Brook End conveyancing solicitor on the Nationwide panel is any good?

When it comes to conveyancing in Shenley Brook End obtaining recommendations is a good start. Before you go ahead, check if they offer a no sale no fee offer. Also, you often get what you pay for - a firm which quotes more, will often provide a better service than one which is cheap as chips. We would always advise that you speak with the lawyer handling your transaction.

Kent Reliance have agreed my mortgage in principle, my bid on a property in Shenley Brook End has been accepted, what are the next steps?

The property agent will want to know who your solicitors are (be sure the solicitors are on the lender’s approved list). Telephone Kent Reliance or your broker and finish off any appropriate forms. Kent Reliance will sellect a valuer who will get in touch with the estate agent or seller to book an appointment. Once carried out (assuming no problems) it takes about a fortnight for the mortgage offer to be issued. Kent Reliance will send the offer to you and your property lawyers. The transaction will then take it’s course according the nature and complexity of the conveyancing in Shenley Brook End.

I have recentlydiscovered that Stirling Law have been shut down. They carried out my conveyancing in Shenley Brook End for a purchase of a leasehold apartment 9 months ago. How can I be sure that my home is registered correctly in the name of the former proprietor?

The easiest method to see if the property is registered to you, you can carry out a search of the land registry (£3.00). You can either do this yourself or ask a law firm to do this for you. If you are not registered you can seek help from one of a number of Shenley Brook End conveyancing specialists.

We are a fortnight into a freehold purchase having been directed to conveyancers by the estate agent to carry out the conveyancing in Shenley Brook End. We are not happy. Could you help me find new lawyers?

A solicitor would need to be very bad in order to consider changing them. Has the loan offer been issued? In the event that it has you must advise them of the new conveyancer and ensure the mortgage documents are re-issued. Your conveyancer should be on the lenders approved list to avoid added costs and delays. So that should be your first question of the new conveyancers. The search tool should assist you in finding a lender approved solicitor for your home move in Shenley Brook End

Last updated

Find out more about how flying freehold can affect your the value of a property.