Find a Machen Conveyancing Solictior on Your Lender’s Panel

Ready to buy a new home in Machen? Failing to check that a lawyer is on your lender’s list of approved solicitors can put your Machen transaction at risk of delay or failure.

Only LenderPanel.com provides a subset of authorised Machen conveyancers for over 130 lenders.

Recently asked questions about conveyancing in Machen

Is it realistic for conveyancing in Machen to be done inside 10 days?

In the event that the seller is applying pressure for your conveyancing we would recommend that your conveyancer is familiar with the location as they will benefit local connections and knowledge. It is possible that they may have handled otherhomes in the same neighbourhood. You would be best advised to use a Machen conveyancing lawyer. Second, double check that the lawyer is on the member panel. It is said that nearly one in five of Machen conveyancing transactions are frustrated or jeopardised after discovering a buyer’s conveyancer was not on their banks list of approved solicitors. In many cases this discovery resulted in the home move being frustrated by almost 21 days. It is understood that this issue affects in the region of 100,000 home moves annually. Almost all Machen conveyancing firms can not represent certain mortgage companies so do check at the outset.

As a FTB what is the most important advice you can impart about purchase conveyancing in Machen?

You may not hear this from too many lawyers but conveyancing in Machen or throughout Caerphilly is an adversarial experience. In other words, when it comes to conveyancing there exists lots of room for conflict between you and others involved in the transaction. E.g., the vendor, estate agent and sometimes your bank. Appointing a solicitor for your conveyancing in Machen is a critical decision as your conveyancer is your adviser, and is the ONLY person in the process whose interest is to act in your best interests and to protect you.

On occasion a potential adversary may try and persuade you that you should follow their advice. As an example, the estate agent may claim to be assisting by suggesting your lawyer is dragging his heels. Or your mortgage broker may tell you to do take action that is contrary to your solicitors advice. You should always trust your lawyer above all other parties when it comes to the legal transfer of property.

I am purchasing a victorian detached house in Machen. Our aim is to carry out an extension to the side at the property.Will the conveyancing process involve investigations to ascertain if these alterations are permitted?

Your conveyancer should review the registered title as conveyancing in Machen can occasionally reveal restrictions in the title deeds which prevent certain changes or need the permission of another owner. Certain extensions call for local authority planning permissions and approval under the building regulations. Certain locations are designated conservation areas and special planning restrictions apply which frequently prevent or affect extensions. It would be wise to check these issues with a surveyor ahead of any purchase.

Is it the case that all Machen CQS (Conveyancing Quality Scheme) solicitors are on the Yorkshire BS conveyancing list of approved firms?

A selection of banks and building societies now use the accreditation scheme as the kick off point for Panel approval such as HSBC and Santander. CQS accreditation however is no guarantee to lender panel acceptance. Nevertheless,the CML have indicated that it is likely to become a pre-requisite for firms wishing to remain on their panels.

Intending to buy a flat in Machen. I have received an online quote from a licenced conveyancer, which states: "There will be no charge for dealing with the Building Society if you are obtaining a mortgage". I take this to mean that there will be no additional fee if the solicitor is on the RBS conveyancing panel. I wanted to make sure it means there will be no additional fees for dealing with the mortgage.

They are simply saying that the cost for acting for the lender is included in the fee being quoted. It is worth you checking that the Machen lawyer is on the RBS conveyancing panel.

I moved into my house on 4 June and the transaction details is not yet on the land registry website. Need I be worried? My conveyancing solicitor in Machen expressed confidence that it should be dealt with in less than a month. Are titles in Machen particularly slow to register?

As far as conveyancing in Machen is concerned, registration is no faster or slower than the rest of the country. Rather than based on location, timescales can adjust according to the party submitting the application, whether it is in order and whether the Land registry communicate with any 3rd persons or bodies. Currently in the region of three quarters of submission are fully addressed in less than three weeks but occasionally there can be extensive hold-ups. Registration is effected after the purchaser is living at the premises thus 'speed' is not usually top priority yet where there is a degree of urgency associated with the registration then you or your solicitor should contact the land registry and explain the circumstances.

I am using a search engine for the words conveyancing in Machen it shows results of many solicitorsin the vicinity. How do I determine which is the suitable solicitor for me?

The preferential method of seeking a suitable conveyancer is via trusted testimonial, so ask colleagues and family who have acquired a property in Machen or a reputable estate agent or mortgage broker. Charges for conveyancing in Machen differ, so it's a good idea to request at least four quotes from varying types of conveyancers. Dont forget to clarify that the charges are guaranteed not to increase.

Last updated

Find out more about how flying freehold can affect your the value of a property.