Find a St Mellons Conveyancing Solictior on Your Lender’s Panel

Ready to buy a new home in St Mellons? Failing to check that a lawyer is on your lender’s list of approved solicitors can put your St Mellons conveyancing at risk of delay or failure.

Only LenderPanel.com provides a subset of authorised St Mellons conveyancers for over 130 lenders.

Recently asked questions about conveyancing in St Mellons

My financial adviser has requested my St Mellons solicitor’s panel member for the HSBC conveyancing panel. Can you suggest how I obtain this. I have tried my local St Mellons office but they have not got back to me yet.

Have you tried contacting your St Mellons lawyer about this?. Most St Mellons conveyancing firms will retain a file or database of lender panel information which would include, if applicable, their conveyancing panel details for each lender.

Having spent time reading mumsnet.com for an affordable solicitor in St Mellons, many comment that I must instruct a CQS accredited solicitor. Can you explain what CQS is?

The Law Society's Conveyancing Quality Scheme is the recognised kitemark for legal experts in home ownership transfers, trusted by some of the UK's biggest banks. Four years ago the Conveyancing Quality Scheme was officially recognised by the Building Societies Association (BSA). CQS is not a scheme offered by the Society for Licensed Conveyancers. St Mellons is one of the many areas of the UK where there are Accredited solicitors.

Forgive me if this question is silly but I am unseasoned as a 1st time purchaser of a two bedroom flat in St Mellons. Do I collect the keys to the house on the completion date from my solicitor? If so, I will appoint a High Street conveyancing solicitor in St Mellons?

On the day of completion you do not need to attend the conveyancers office in St Mellons. Conveyancing lawyers for you will transfer the completion advance to the seller's lawyers, and once they have received this, you will be called to receive the keys from the selling Agents and start moving into the property. This tends to happen early afternoon.

When it comes to mortgage companies such as Lloyds, do St Mellons property lawyers have to pay an annual charge to be on the list of approved solicitors?

We are not aware of any mortgage company fees to register on their list of approved firms, although some do levy an administration fee to deal with the processing of the conveyancing panel application.

We are getting a further advance on our home loan from Clydesdale as we intend to carry out renovations to our home in St Mellons. Do we need to choose a bricks and mortar St Mellons solicitor on the Clydesdale conveyancing panel to deal with the legals?

Clydesdale don't usually require firms on their conveyancing panel to handle the formalities. If they do require any legal work then you would need to ensure that such a lawyer was on the Clydesdale list.

Given that I am about to spend over three hundred thousand on a house in St Mellons I wish to have a conversation with the lawyer about myhouse move before instructing the firm. Can this be arranged?

This is something that we encourage - we would be pleased to talk to you we do not take any clients on without you speaking to the conveyancer due to be conducting your property ownership legalities in St Mellons.There is no ‘factory style conveyancing’ - every client is an important individual, not a case number. The law firms that we put you in touch with believe that the fees you are quoted for your conveyancing in St Mellons should be the figure that you are charged.

Our conveyancer has advised that he intends to complete and exchange simultaneously on the sale of our £125,000 apartment in St Mellons next week. The freeholder has quoted £360 for Certificate of Compliance, building insurance schedule and previous years service charge statements. Is the landlord entitled to charge exorbitant fees for a leasehold conveyance in St Mellons?

St Mellons conveyancing on leasehold maisonettes usually necessitates administration charges invoiced by managing agents :

    Answering pre-exchange questions Where consent is required before sale in St Mellons Supplying insurance information Deeds of covenant upon sale Registering of the assignment of the change of lessee after a sale
Your lawyer will have no control over the level of the charges for this information but the average costs for the information for St Mellons leasehold premises is £350. For St Mellons conveyancing transactions it is customary for the seller to pay for these costs. The landlord or their agents are under no legal obligation to answer such questions most will be willing to do so - albeit often at exorbitant prices where the fees bear little relation to the work involved. Unfortunately there is no law that requires fixed charges for administrative tasks. Neither is there any legal time frame by which they are obliged to supply the information.

St Mellons Conveyancing for Leasehold Flats - A selection of Queries before Purchasing

    Are any of leasehold owners in arrears of their service charge payments? How is the lease structured? Does the lease have more than 90 years unexpired?

Last updated

Find out more about how flying freehold can affect your the value of a property.