Find a St Fagans Conveyancing Solictior on Your Lender’s Panel

Ready to buy a new home in St Fagans? Failing to check that a lawyer is on your lender’s list of approved solicitors can put your St Fagans transaction at risk of delay or failure.

Only LenderPanel.com provides a subset of authorised St Fagans conveyancers for over 130 lenders.

Recently asked questions about conveyancing in St Fagans

We are aiming to move house in October. Should my conveyancing solicitor liaise with the removal company on the completion day. Incidentally, can you put forward a removal company in St Fagans. Conveyancing firm was organised prior to coming across this site.

On the day of completion you will need to pick up the keys from the estate agent but this can only take place once the previous owners conveyancers inform the agent that they have the completion monies and the keys can be given over. After that you should advise the removal men that you are ready to move in. We are not in a position to suggest a particular removal organisation but can assist you in choosing a conveyancing in St Fagans or a solicitor with expertise in conveyancing in St Fagans.

We had selected conveyancers located in St Fagans on the Nottingham solicitor panel. They are now charging me a further charge for handling the Nottingham mortgage. Is this an additional conveyancing fee specified by Nottingham?

Provided it is contained in their Terms of Engagement or estimate then yes your lawyer may levy a fee for this. The charge is not set by Nottingham but by your St Fagans conveyancing practitioner. Numerous firms on the Nottingham panel will levy ’dealing with mortgage’ fee but many firms incorporate it on their overall fee.

My partner and I have arranged a further advance on our home loan from Santander as we intend to carry out improvements to our property in St Fagans. Do we need to appoint a local St Fagans solicitor on the Santander conveyancing panel to handle the legals?

Santander don't usually instruct a member of their approved list of lawyers to deal with the formalities. If they do require any legal work then you would need to ensure that such a lawyer was on the Santander panel.

I'm purchasing a new build house in St Fagans with a loan from TSB. The developers would not reduce the price so I negotiated £7000 of extras instead. The estate agent told me not reveal to my lawyer about this side-deal as it will put at risk my loan with the lender. Should I keep quiet?.

All lenders require a Disclosure of Incentives Form from the builder of any new build, converted or renovated property, It is available online from the Lenders’ Handbook page on the CML website. CML form is completed and handed to the lender's surveyor when the inspection is done.

Lenders have different policies on incentives. Some accept none at all, cash or physical, while others will accept cash incentives up to 5%.

Hard to understand why the representative of a builder would be suggesting you withold information from a solicitor when all this will be clearly visible on forms the builder has to supply to its solicitor, the buyer's solicitor and the surveyor.

I've recently found out that there is a flying freehold issue on a property I have offered on last month in what was supposed to be a quick, no chain conveyancing. St Fagans is the location of the property. Can you shed any light on this issue?

Flying freeholds in St Fagans are rare but are more likely to exist in relation to terraced houses. Even where you use a solicitor outside St Fagans you must be sure that your lawyer goes through the deeds diligently. Your lender may require your conveyancing solicitor to take out an indemnity policy. Some of the more diligent conveyancing solicitors in St Fagans may determine that this is not enough and that the deeds be re-written to give you the most up to date legal protection. If so, the next door neighbour also had to sign up to the revised deeds.It is possible that your lender will not accept the situation so the sooner you find out the better. You should also check with your insurance broker as to whether they will insure a flying freehold residence.

Is it possible to swap firm as I need to instruct a firm on the Alliance & Leicester conveyancing panel. I was using a family conveyancing solicitor in St Fagans five minutes from me but he is not approved by Alliance & Leicester

It would be our pleasure to assist you select a conveyancing solicitor in St Fagans on the Alliance & Leicester panel. Please note that the law firms that we list do not pay us a referral fee if you instruct them and are fully regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority who oversee all conveyancing solicitors in St Fagans. In making use of the find a conveyancing solicitor tool on this page, you can compare and instruct different solicitors and conveyancers both nationally and in St Fagans.

My lender have just issued us with a mortgage offer. We are using a high street conveyancer in St Fagans last week. A couple of hours ago, our financial adviser phoned to advise us that the lender said that we cannot use our solicitor as they aren't on their 'approved list'. As novices, we did not have a clue that the bank had a say Is this permitted?

You are permitted to choose any conveyancing solicitor you want to select for your conveyancing in St Fagans nevertheless if they are not on the your bank's panel you must incur additional cost so the mortgage company can instruct their own solicitors as well to protect their interest. sometimes it is possible your solicitor may apply to get added to the lender panel. You can use web-based tools such as lenderpanel.com to find a conveyancing solcitor in St Fagans on the lender panel. You can go into your local bank branch in St Fagans. They will know some good conveyancing solicitors in St Fagans on the panel for your lender.

Last updated

Find out more about how flying freehold can affect your the value of a property.